Isle of Skye Places of Interest & Attractions
How to get to Skye
From the west coast of Scotland, there are 3 routes onto the island:
Getting Around Skye
Tourist Information Centres
- Via bridge from Kyle of Lochalsh (now toll free).
- Via ferry from Glenelg.
- Ferry from Mallaig to Armadale crossing (winter timetable)
- Ferry from Mallaig to Armadale crossing (summer timetable).
Bayfield House, Bayfield Road, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9EL
Tel: 01478 612137
The Car Park, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AB
Tel: 01471 822361
Places of Interest on Skye - Things to Do
- Whats on Skye - Definitive un-official visitor guide to events and what's on Skye.
- The Skye Guide - The independent guide to the Isle of Skye.
- Skye The Island & Lochalsh - All about the region, things to do, what's on.
- The Skye Bridge - All about The Skye Bridge, opened in 1995.
- North Skye - North Skye, Trotternish peninsula & Raasay.
- South Skye - South Skye & Sleat peninsula.
- Aros Centre - The best of Scottish music, books, culture and heritage in Portree. Very good on a rainy day.
- The Internet Guide to Scotland - Scottish sightseeing and lots more.
- Dunvegan Castle - Stronghold of the Chiefs of MacLeod for nearly 800 years.
- West Coast Paint Ball - Skye's Paint Ball Action Centre.
- The Isle of Skye Brewing Company - Old fashioned beer from this Skye brewery.
- Talisker Distillery - A brief history of the famous whisky distillery in Carbost, Skye.
- Edinbane Pottery - Specialists in both woodfired and salt glazed pottery.
- SkyeSkyns - Skyeskyns, manufacturers and suppliers of finest quality sheepskins, is a family business established on the Isle of Skye in 1983.
- Skye Serpentarium - Serpentarium reptile world and exhibition centre.
- Skyak Adventures - Kayaking on the Isle of Skye.
- Whitewave Centre - Skye's Outdoor Centre.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - Thatched croft houses depicting life on the Isle of Skye in times gone by.
- Staffin Museum - Small community-based museum best known for its collection of Dinosaur remains found on the Trotternish Peninsula. Archaelogical and social history collections.
- Staffin Ecomuseum - A museum without walls. There is no roof, just the sky above it. All the exhibits are located in the environment, and require a short walk to discover their stories.
- Isle of Skye Toy Museum - The award winning toy museum in Glendale.
- Bella Jane Boat Trips - No visit to the Isle of Skye is complete without a trip on the award winning Bella Jane in Elgol.
- Misty Isle Boat Trips - The Misty Isle sails twice daily from Elgol, everyday except Sunday from April to October.
- Spindrift Boat Trips - Boat trips start from Portree Harbour and visit the Isle of Rona and the Isle of Raasay.
Walking on Skye
- Skye Walking Holidays - Guided or independent walks and much more.
- WalkHighlands - Walkhighlands offers your complete free online guide to this stunning island.
- Walking in Trotternish - Impressions of walking on the Trotternish Ridge.
- Hebridean Pathways - Hebridean Pathways aims to offer informative and enjoyable activities all set in the unique grandeur of the Hebrides.
- Hillwalking in Scotland - Connery's Scottish Walks.
- Wilderness Scotland - Specialist tour operator offering walking, sailing and adventure holidays and tailor-made experiences in the most remote and beautiful regions of Scotland.
- Climb Skye - Professional mountain guide for the Cuillin and Isle of Skye.
Good Food on Skye
Arts & Crafts on Skye
- Eye of Skye - Photography of the Isle of Skye, fine art prints for sale online.
- Heaven's Ocean - Watercolour landscapes, handmade cards, functional driftwood.
- Skyelight Candles - Hand crafted candles made on, and inspired by the beauty of, the mystical Isle of Skye.
- Isle of Skye Sea Salt - Isle of Skye Sea Salt (Salann Na Mara) is completely pure and natural, hand-harvested from the clearest, mineral-rich sea water of Loch Snizort.
- Castle Keep - Fine handcrafted blades.
- Isle of Skye Crafts - Scottish Counted Cross Stitch kits designed and produced on the Isle of Skye.
- Laurence Broderick - Perhaps best known for his work studying and sculpting otters, Laurence carries the nomenclature as ‘The Otter Man of Skye’.
- Sleepy Hollow Gallery - A personal collection of photographs at Sleepy Hollow, Ullinish, the home of Isle Skye Accommodation.
- Travel Guide - Travellerspoint is a free worldwide travel community with tools and services to help travellers before, during and after their trip.
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Ireland - Directory of Quality Bed and Breakfast and Guesthouse Accommodation in Ireland.
- Self Catering Ireland - Four star self catering cottages in Ireland at Croan Cottages, Kilkenny.
- All Europe Accommodation - A selection of fine accommodation throughout Eastern and Western Europe including Hotels, B&B's and Self-Catering. Now introducing photogalleries by amateur and professional photographers.
If you prefer to email details of your suggested link to us,
Or complete the short form below:
Skye Photos & Prints